Title: Epistles of Timothy Bible Bowl Challenge: 2 Timothy
Age: 11+ years
1. St. Paul wrote the second letter to Timothy while he was _____.
A. Resting in Turkey
B. Preaching in Ephesus
C. Imprisoned in Rome
2. St. Paul ordained Timothy.
3. God calls us according to our works.
4. We are called by God according to His _____.
C. Both A and B
5. St. Paul was ashamed for being imprisoned as a follower of Christ.
6. In 2 Timothy Chapter 1, which of the following visited St. Paul in prison?
7. St. Paul urges Timothy to be _____ in the grace of Christ Jesus.
8. A good soldier of Jesus Christ _____.
A. Never experiences difficulty
B. Hides from the enemy
C. Endures hardship
9. St. Paul’s examples of soldiers, athletes, and farmers speak to faithful ministry requiring _____.
A. A willingness to break the rules
10. “For if we died with Him, we shall also _____ with Him.”
B. Be buried
11. Regarding apostolic teachings, how are we to respond to “profane and idle babbling”?
A. We accept them as truth
B. We shun them.
C. We mock them.
12. To what are profane and idle babblings compared?
13. A servant of the Lord must _____ (circle all that apply).
A. Be gentle to all
B. Able to teach
C. Humbly correct those who oppose the faith.
14. In the last days, men will love themselves more than they love God.
15. All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will _____.
A. Be deceived by evildoers
B. Convert evildoers
C. Suffer persecution
16. Holy scripture is able to make you _____ through faith.
B. Wise for salvation
17. God and the Lord Jesus Christ will judge the living, but not the dead, at the Second Coming.
18. What did St. Paul charge Timothy to do at the beginning of Chapter 4?
A. Argue with Pharisees
B. Hide from persecutors
C. Preach the Word!
19. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the ____, I have kept the faith.
20. To St. Paul and those “who have loved His appearing,” the Lord will bestow ____.
A. The crown of righteousness
B. Sincere congratulations
C. Wealth and riches